Morris Petty, September 2013
I recently completed an amazing trip to the five "stan" nations of Central Asia with Silk Road Treasure Tours. It was incredible to visit such historic cities as Bukhara, Samarkand and Khiva. From the beginning of the tour to its completion, I was in the most expert hands of SRTT; Zulya Rajabova and her team were constantly working to ensure that my tour was perfect; and the tour guides(especially Hurshid Narimov) were outstanding in each of the five countries that I visited! Every question was answered swiftly and completely, and Zulya even made contact during the tour to ensure that everything was going smoothly! What outstanding service! It was a wonderful experience to meet the kind peoples of Central Asia and to encounter the interaction between the traditional and modern ways of life. The foods of Uzbekistan are marvelous and there was a wonderful variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and breads, among other tasty dishes! The hotels and restaurants were excellent. I found the services, foods, transportation, hotels and daily tours to be terrific in this experience of a lifetime, and at a very reasonable price. From arrival in Tashkent to departure at Bishkek, I felt pampered and in the very capable, caring hands of SRTT! Thank you so much for such an awesome experience!
Some Central Asia Travel highlights:
- an evening walk around the Registan in Samarkand;
- the Kalyan Minaret at sunrise in Bukhara;
- climbing the towers of Khiva for a bird's eye view;
- evening tour of Ashgabat with its luminous monuments;
- the vast, windswept ruins of Merv and Nissa;
- a quiet sunrise on the Kyzylkum desert, below a ruined fortress, after awaking in a yurt;
- seeing Lake Issyk Kol from rose-covered shores.
Odessa, Texas, USA
Travel Dates, September 2013