The legendary Silk Road conjures images of laden caravans, raucous bazaars, rare and exotic commodities and tales told by worldly travelers. Over some 4000 miles these merchants, pilgrims, soldiers, conquerors, nomads, and curious tourists traveled the Silk Road routes criss-crossing Europe and Asia. Over mountain, steppe, desert and valley they globe-trotted on foot, by horse, camel, donkey, and elephant to cities, villages, and oases through vast regions and continents - the original multi-destination itinerary!
Silk Road Treasure Tours' travel advisors can help you create your own modern-day caravan, to explore a wealth of destinations around the world.. Our team is both Conde Nast and Travel & Leisure authorities, helping you maximize your travel experience. For years our Silk Road Treasure Tours' clients have been taking advantage of our multi-destination expertise, especially through Central Asia and the Caucasus regions. Our guides, fixers and tour operators love their homelands, and their passion and extensive knowledge of history and culture shows. We've been creating signature handcrafted tour itineraries to Central Asia, Caucasus and Southeast Asia for sophisticated travelers, travel agents and travel clubs for over three decades.
Most travelers want comprehensive itineraries for a particular region, or up to all eight countries: Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia. They see the benefit and value of seeing more places, and paying less, having domestic flights, fast trains, and multi-country visas managed by Silk Road experts take care of all aspects of journeys to Central Asia, the Caucasus, and Southeast Asia. We have first hand information of schedules and changes to seasonal festivals, transportation connections, and accommodations. In places where geopolitical factors can impact smooth border crossings, we have the contacts and we know the secrets to avoiding crowds and getting VIP access to the best experiences.
The Silk Road Treasure Tours team is delighted to detail some of the benefits of multi-destination trips here for you:
1) It's all about the warm, generous local hospitality. The food here is as diverse and fabulous as its people, whether Uzbek plov, Georgian khachapuri, Kazakh beshbarmak or Armenian lavash bread. Fresh and local, every meal is a feast! No matter where you travel - from Kyrgyzstan to Khojavend, Khiva or Kuala Lumpur, or Thailand to Turkmenistan, visitors are honored guests to homes, communities and events organized by our local Silk Road team on the ground there, creating lasting connections and extraordinary memories.
2) The rich history, cultures, historical and architectural treasures are yours to discover. Explore the medieval architectural monuments in Samarkand's Registan Square, the iconic minaret and mosques of Bukhara, and the magical Ichan Kala in Khiva, Uzbekistan, the Zoroastrian mysteries and caravanserais of Azerbaijan, and the sacred cathedrals of Armenia and Georgia. Follow in the footsteps of Marco Polo, Ghengis Khan and Alexander the Great across lands of ancient civilizations and empires. Check off your own must-see UNESCO World Heritage sites with our historians and curators.
3) Shop the Silk Road specialties in the bazaars of Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia - famous around the globe. Samarkan's Siyob Green bazaar and Tashkent's Chorsu Bazaar in Uzbekistan, the Karakol Animal Bazaar in Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan's Tolkuchka bazaar have lured merchants and shoppers for thousands of years.
4) Much of Central Asia boasts nomadic cultures, proud to demonstrate the ancient art of eagle hunting or take you horseback riding in Kyrgyzstan. Local guides know the best hiking trails in the incredible TianShan Mountains of Kazakhstan and Kazbegi mountains of Georgia. There are breathtaking views at the crystal clear Fann Mountain lakes inTajikistan, yurt stays in the desert at the Darvaza gas crater in Turkmenistan and at the Ayaz Kala of Uzbekistan where stories are told around the campfire under the starry velvet skies. Silk Road Treasure Tours has special access to local performers for our guests, as well as luxury cocktail sunsets, breakfast sunrises and picnic or celebratory events at spectacular destinations.
5) Celebrate the cultural diversity across the regions with invitations to special ceremonies, festivals, and events! Festivals in Central Asia are vibrant, joyful experiences – Navruz, is Persian New Year in March throughout Central Asia and Azerbaijan - celebrated in style with traditional dance and music, colorful national clothes, and parties everywhere! The haunting melodies and graceful movements of traditional Central Asian dance and music performances capture audiences during the Sharq Taronalari Festival in Samarkand, bringing together talented artists from across the globe to celebrate the region's rich musical heritage. The annual Silk Road festival calendar includes tributes to flowers, Silk and Spice, and melons in Uzbekistan., nomadic games and skills at the Golden Eagle Festival in Kyrgyzstan, wine in Georgia, pomegranates in Azerbaijan, and harvests in Armenia
6) The folklore, music and dance of Georgia and Uzbekistan are particularly unique! With over 100 captivating dances, each with its own unique choreography and costumes, these dances reflect the customs and traditions of the various regions. Our guides share their heritage and stories, giving you insight and entertainment!
Multiple destination trips make the most of your Silk Road vacation time. They create greater connections for you to the history, cultures and lands of the ancient Silk Road routes. See and do more by connecting with us!
Contact our travel experts for the trip of a lifetime to Central Asia,the Caucasus, and Southeast Asia travel destinations.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.